Protected Health Information Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
Protecting your information
At Batesville Christian Counseling Center we're committed to obtaining, treating, and using protected health information about you responsibly. This Notice of Protected Health Information Practices describes the personal information we collect, and how and when we use or disclose that information. It also describes your rights as they relate to your protected health information. This Notice is effective 12/11/09, and applies to all protected health information as defined by federal regulations. We reserve the right to change this Notice and make the revised or changed Notice effective for medical information we already have about you as well as any information we receive in the future.
Understanding your Health Record/Information
Each time you visit Batesville Christian Counseling Center a record of your visit is made. Typically this record contains a history and description of the current reasons for seeking counseling, diagnoses, and a plan for future care or treatment goals. We need this record to provide you with quality care and to comply with certain legal requirements.
Your Health Information Rights Although your health record is the physical property of Batesville Christian Counseling Center, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
* · Obtain a paper copy of this Notice of Information Practices upon request,
* · Inspect and copy your health record as provided for in 45 CFR 164.524,
* · Amend your health record as provided in 45 CFR 164.528,
* · Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided in 45 CFR 164.528,
* · Request communication of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations,
* · Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information as provided by 45 CFR 164.522, and
* · Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken in reliance upon the authorization.
Batesville Christian Counseling Center is required to:
* · Maintain the privacy of your health information,
* · Provide you with this notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you,
* · Abide by the terms of this Notice,
* · Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction, and accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternate means or at alternative locations. We will never use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described in this Notice. We will also discontinue to use or disclose your health information after we have received a written revocation of the authorization according to the procedures included in the authorization.
Examples of Disclosures for Treatment, Payment and or Health Operations
* We will use your health information for treatment. For example: Information obtained by the therapist or other member of the health care team will be recorded in your record and used to determine the course of treatment that should work best for you, how you are responding to treatment and document any actions taken.
* We will use your health information for payment. AFor example: bill may be sent to you or a third-party payer. The information on or accompanying the bill may include information that identifies you, as well as your diagnosis and the treatment provided.
* We will use your health information for regular operations. For example: Staff members or management may use information in your health record to assess the care and outcomes in your case and others like it. This information will then be used in an effort to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the health care and service we provide.
* ·Notification: We may use or disclose your information to notify you of appointment changes.
* ·Workers? Compensation: We may disclose health information to the extent authorized by and to the extent necessary to comply with laws relating to workers? compensation or other similar programs established by law.
* ·Public Health: As required by law, we may disclose your health information to public health or legal authorities charged with preventing or controlling disease, injury or disability.
* ·Law Enforcement: We may disclose health information for law enforcement purposes as required by law or in response to a valid subpoena. Federal law makes provision for your health information to be released to an appropriate health oversight agency, public health authority or attorney, provided that a work force member or business associate believes in good faith that we have engaged in unlawful conduct or have otherwise violated professional or clinical standards and are potentially endangering one or more patients, workers or the public.
For more information or to report a problem:
If you have questions and would like additional information, you may contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. There will be no retaliation for filing a complaint with either the us or the Office for Civil Rights. The address for the OCR is listed below:
Office for Civil Rights
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W. Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
Batesville Christian Counseling Center. © 2010 - 2018
All Rights Reserved. Site Design by Keep It Simple
Alabama • Alaska • Arizona • Arkansas • California • Colorado • Connecticut • Delaware • District of Columbia • Florida • Georgia • Idaho • Illinois • Indiana • Iowa • Kansas • Kentucky • Louisiana • Maine • Maryland • Massachusetts • Michigan • Minnesota • Mississippi • Missouri • Montana • Nebraska • Nevada • New Hampshire • New Jersey • New Mexico • New York • North Carolina • North Dakota • Ohio • Oklahoma • Oregon • Pennsylvania • Rhode Island • South Carolina • South Dakota • Tennessee • Texas • Utah • Vermont • Virginia • Washington • West Virginia • Wisconsin • Wyoming